Once we have seen the current state of the app, our team understood that it would be much more convenient to do it from the beginning than to continue from the given point of the constructed concept. Shortly, we have made our working plan that was based on dependent and responsible work tasks. Since we had just a backlog of the assigned tasks that our client provided to us, instead of a grab-and-take any available task, we decided to prioritize the accumulating technical issues.
We understood that the project had lived through a series of sad development times; that's why we decided to build strong communications directly with the client. During the development, we wrote necessary documentation, a valuable and essential asset to have during the early stages. Our team also mustered up various task responsibilities and deployed a systematic approach for every developer to partake. We started to highlight lead developers and encourage any initiatives that they were showing.
To comply with the HIPAA regulations, we have closely followed the standard techniques that have entirely secured all data nodes on the inbound and outbound flow. These include secure transmission channels, entity authentication & authorization, access control levels, encryption and decryption process, etc.
Our team has wholly refactored the connection between third party services and the app, dividing all of the information into logical abstractions. The communication with the API is now managed by separate client software. The functional logic for formatting and transforming the incoming and outgoing data is directly collected in a single path. Also, we have added additional unit tests and reduced the duplicated information to its minimum. It works like a charm, without excessive amounts of undefined chunks of duplicated information and with clean logic structure.