Table of Contents
In our modern world, web development is necessary and desirable more than ever. That’s because each day, appear various innovations and new web development trends. That’s why all business owners need to keep in touch with the latest trends and innovations.
There’s a great number of things that should be considered in web development, such as the visual look of a website, database configuration/mapping, web APIs, caching, website services, and so on. To cope with all these difficulties you’ll need a highly skilled web developer. Besides, there are various web development frameworks that will allow significantly simplify web development process. Additionally, frameworks can contribute to automating the web development activities. In this article, we’ll look at the advantages and disadvantages of the most popular frameworks in 2018. Here we go:
- Using templates, you’ll be able to show information from model and controller
- Angular supports MVC (Model, View, and Controller) architecture. And the cool features is that a developer just needs to split an app into MVC components and all others are managed by Angular
- All the expressions are like code snippets that enclosed within curly braces and do not use any loops or conditional statements. Just on the contrary, they’re used to format data and display it.
All these features are part of the platform that will allow you to build a great website. Here are some cool websites that are built using this framework: Netflix, Freelancer.com, GoodFIlms and many other.
This server-side web development framework is built using such well-known programming language as Ruby. Due to reusability of the code, the web app development task becomes much faster and easier. Besides, you may add some extra functionalities. Here are some popular websites that are written with Ruby: Basecamp, Ask.fm, GitHub, 500px and so on. It’s a large development community where you can easily find some help for your project whenever and wherever you’re. We can’t say that Ruby on Rails belongs to cheap development technologies, but it provides considerable benefits that will provide speedy development with less code written and errors made. Here are other advantages of this framework:
- Suitable for all business industries. RoR is a pretty flexible programming language. That makes him suitable for any field of business, whether it’s a project management or a site building platform.
- Fast website development. Thanks to lean code base, RoR minimizes time on website development in about 30–40%.
- Ruby on Rails makes it easy to modify the existing code or add features that you want to your website. If your goal is to find a framework for long-term projects, you definitely need to choose RoR. The thing is that this framework is pretty stable and predictable, so substitution of a team member will never be a problem.
Here’s a chart that shows the number of websites within the top 10k, 100k, and 1 million site groups that are categorized as being in the specific vertical.
Yii is an open-source web application development framework that is built in PHP5. Due to clear design and user-friendly interface, this framework provides an extremely simple and quick web development. This framework is performance optimized, that’s why it can be the best choice for any sized project. Also, there are a lot of amazing tools that will help you debug and test your app as well as pronounced documentation. Here are some of the features of Yii:
- Yii doesn’t involve classes and objects while they won’t be necessary. This provides incredibly fast loading without any delays.
- It’s also highly reliable and secure as it uses OOP standards.
- All the professional and efficient resources are absolutely free.
All these features contribute to creating a high-performance framework that will allow you to develop beautiful websites. Here are some beautiful websites that were built using this framework: Tass, Craftcms, HumHub and so on.
Meteor JS is written in Node.js and allows developers to create real-time web applications for different platforms. One of the coolest features of Meteor JS is a great framework for creating simple websites for personal use.
- Another cool feature is that you may use the same code whether you’re developing for iOS, web, Android or desktop.
- You may use various popular frameworks and tools and focus on building features instead of writing disparate components together yourself.
Express JS is a web application development network that has been developed in Node.js. You definitely need to choose this framework if your main goal is to develop web applications and APIs as fast and easy as possible. There are a number of features that are provided with the help of plugins. That consists of AngularJS framework and MongoDB database. Moreover, using Express.js you may develop mobile applications as well.
Using various modules on npm you may extend the functionalities of your website as you wish.
Express is the best choice for those people whose goal it is to develop simple web services and APIs rather than web portals or high-loaded calculating backends. This framework will significantly help people who want to practice in web development and create some simple web services.
Zend framework makes use of various professional PHP packages. As a result, different packages make the developing of high-end websites significantly easier and faster. According to the fact that Zend makes use of MVC Architecture, it separates the database and business logic from the presentation layer. All of these contribute to making a code more understandable, clean, and simple.
It uses such object-oriented programming concepts as interfaces and inheritance that will help you extend its various components.
The majority of components are workable. Routing does its job flawlessly. And the Layout ability is pretty serviceable (what can be said about such structures as ASP or JSP). You’ll definitely be surprised that one can take advantage of the cache feature.
Django is another very popular web development framework that is written in Python and follows the Model View Template (MVC) architecture. Due to this framework, the development of complex data-driven websites has never been so fast and easy. Here are some cool features of this framework:
- It’s fast. The main goal of this framework was to help developers make an app as quickly as possible. Starting from an idea, production and finishing the release, Django contributes to making it both effective and cost-efficient. As a result, this framework can be the most appropriate for developers who have strict deadlines.
- It’s secure. If you’re working with Django, you may be absolutely sure that you can commit some mistakes related to security. These mistakes can be connected with SQL injection, cross-site request forgery, clickjacking, and cross-site scripting. I order to effectively manage all the usernames and passwords, the user authentication system plays a crucial role.
- It’s scalable. The majority of business sites use it to quickly meet the traffic demands.
- It’s fully loaded. This framework works in such a way that includes various extras to help with site maps, user authentication, content administration, RSS feeds and much more such things. As a result, all these aspects can help carry out the web development process completely.
Laravel is one of the best PHP development frameworks using which you can easily develop the web and mobile applications for small websites and big businesses. Laravel has many cool features, such as Authorization technique, Artisan, Object Oriented Libraries, MVC support, Database Migration, Cross-site Request Forgery and so on. Here are other advantages of this framework:
- Using this framework, you may increase the number of online traffic in your website. And yes, this technology is applicable to any browser and device.
- Laravel incorporates various flexible features in your application. This also includes the modular packaging systems. As a result, it’ll help simplify the website.
- The PHP needs no special inclusion paths and maintenance. It’s due to an auto loading facility that is contained in this software.
- Using Laravel you may create various routes with the name of the same existing route. That’s why Laravel can create unique URLs in accordance with it.
The Bottom Line
Choosing the right framework for website development is one of the most important steps that can influence on the quality of your future website. Each of the listed frameworks is complete in all the respects and can be used for front or back-end development. According to your preferences in programming languages, you may decide which framework will meet your requirements as ideally as possible.